Staff Accountant - Media
PLUS Communications, a public affairs firm based in Arlington, Virginia, is looking for a Staff Accountant to join its Media Buying team.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with accounts payable and accounts receivable for the advertising and media buying teams including processing payables, client invoicing, reporting and reconciliation and other finance-related duties as needed. Specifically, the Staff Accountant will:
- Conduct some or all A/R and A/P processes within media buying and/or advertising teams
- Be responsible for accurate coding of payables and client invoices
- Generate financial reports and reconcile accounts, as needed
- Enter data and maintain updated records
- Communicate with vendors, customers, and colleagues in a professional manner
- Complete ad hoc requests as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Proven experience successfully working under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple requests and changing priorities
- Successful professional track record of successfully producing accurate financial statements and reports
- Meticulous attention to detail and a can-do attitude, with a willingness to work in the trenches
- Possess superior oral and written communication skills and has the ability to work with a variety of people at all levels of the firm
- Experience with accounting systems (Intacct and Concur preferred but not required)
- Experience with STRAT media buying platform a plus
- An interest in politics, public affairs or media buying is preferred, though not required
We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental insurance as well as a fast-paced work environment on a growing team with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
About PLUS Communications
PLUS Communications is a beltway-based consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia, specializing in public affairs and corporate communications work focused on grassroots mobilization, crisis communication, coalition building, media relations, advertising, digital engagement, litigation support and message development.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States and internationally, PLUS Communications' ability to design and deploy a successful advocacy effort is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. PLUS Communications is large enough to run endeavors that are multinational in scale, but the firm takes pride in its founding commitment to work harder than anyone on behalf of its clients – no matter the size of the account.