Managing Director, Digital
PLUS Communications, a public affairs firm based in Arlington, Virginia, is looking for a motivated, creative and hard-working digital strategist to join our fast-growing digital practice to help top-tier advocacy and corporate organizations win, every day.
The ideal candidate should be a motivated self-starter who has a solid understanding of public affairs work at the local, state and national level.
In this position, the Managing Director will work directly with senior leadership on new business and day-to-day management of the firm’s client accounts, specifically:
- Overseeing client strategies from conception to completion by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Cultivating client relationships to grow current client accounts
- Leading the development of, and strategic planning for, new business proposals
- Managing staff teams and third-party vendors for multiple clients simultaneously
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in digital marketing, public affairs, public relations and/or political campaign work; some agency experience required
- Advanced writing skills, ability to write for senior-level management and audiences and proficiency in editing and composition
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful digital strategies
- Significant experience managing and building client relationships
- Strong strategic-thinking skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities seamlessly
- Experience using digital/social media tools for issue advocacy and public affairs campaigns
- Ability to work under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects and changing priorities
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to work in the trenches
- Familiarity with the Adobe creative suite is a plus
We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental insurance as well as a fast-paced work environment on a growing team with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
ABOUT PLUS COMMUNICATIONS
PLUS Communications is a beltway-based consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia, specializing in public affairs and corporate communications work focused on grassroots mobilization, crisis communication, coalition building, media relations, advertising, digital engagement, litigation support and message development.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States and internationally, PLUS Communications' ability to design and deploy a successful advocacy effort is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. PLUS Communications is large enough to run endeavors that are multinational in scale, but the firm takes pride in its founding commitment to work harder than anyone on behalf of its clients – no matter the size of the account.