Recruiter / HR Generalist
PLUS Communications is seeking a Recruiter / HR Generalist to support our team. This is a terrific opportunity to get in early and help manage high-impact programs, with the great potential for increased responsibilities and ownership within the HR function. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who has strong communications and organizational skills.
- Responsible for overall recruiting, onboarding, orientation and offboarding, working closely with managers, the Director of HR, and Operations Manager to carry out the processes
- Manage all employee and candidate records, including creating and maintaining new hire and personnel files in the HRIS and updating the ATS as jobs open and close
- Manage staff professional development and employee engagement, including working closely with the COO to plan employee training programs to further develop staff
- Perform regular (bi-weekly or monthly) check-ins with department heads regarding staffing, professional development & trainings, recruitment & new hires, employee relations issues, etc.
- Lead recruitment efforts for talent at all levels across the firm. Post, source, screen, interview and manage the candidate process from requisition to hire
- Run the firm’s internship program; coordinate intern work, activities and practicum project
- Oversee enhancements to employee performance management and succession planning, including:
- Development targets
- Developing competency models
- Gap and succession exercise
- Delegate to the Operations Manager as necessary as it relates to scheduling interviews and assisting with onboarding and offboarding
- BA/BS required, preferably in HR, business or related field
- SHRM-CP or PHR strongly preferred
- 3+ years progressive responsibility managing HR functions.
- Show meticulous attention to detail, great organizational skills, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Able to meet deadlines while juggling multiple requests and projects
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence
- Possess exceptional people skills and have the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Exercise a high level of discretion and emotional intelligence
We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental insurance as well as a fast-paced work environment on a growing team and a great amount of opportunity for career advancement.
ABOUT PLUS COMMUNICATIONS
PLUS Communications is a beltway-based consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia, specializing in public affairs and corporate communications work focused on grassroots mobilization, crisis communication, coalition building, media relations, advertising, digital engagement, litigation support and message development.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States and internationally, PLUS Communications' ability to design and deploy a successful advocacy effort is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. PLUS Communications is large enough to run endeavors that are multinational in scale, but the firm takes pride in its founding commitment to work harder than anyone on behalf of its clients – no matter the size of the account.