PLUS Communications, a public affairs firm based in Arlington, Virginia, is looking for an inspirational, creative and hard-working digital strategist to join our fast-growing digital practice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting compelling social media content
- Collaborating with graphic design team to produce compelling images for social media, advertising, etc.
- Drafting blog posts and longer-form content
- Proof-reading other team members’ work and ensuring content is 100% error-free
- Preparing editorial calendars that factor in cultural, political and current events and identifying creative linkages to our clients’ issues
- Understanding and utilizing the full range of digital content from GIFs, videos and photos to blog posts, emails and tweets
- Scheduling all internal and external meetings and commitments for the Digital Partners using Microsoft Office
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Exceptional writing ability
- Eye for great design
- Proven track record drafting creative and effective content for digital channels
- Ability to hit tight deadlines while juggling multiple requests and projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Previous experience with digital marketing, political campaigns and/or public affairs projects
- An understanding of major social networking sites
- Must be able to work in Arlington, Virginia
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Experience with website content management systems such as WordPress is a plus
We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental insurance as well as a fast-paced work environment on a growing team with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
ABOUT PLUS COMMUNICATIONS
PLUS Communications is a beltway-based consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia, specializing in public affairs and corporate communications work focused on grassroots mobilization, crisis communication, coalition building, media relations, advertising, digital engagement, litigation support and message development.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States and internationally, PLUS Communications' ability to design and deploy a successful advocacy effort is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. PLUS Communications is large enough to run endeavors that are multinational in scale, but the firm takes pride in its founding commitment to work harder than anyone on behalf of its clients – no matter the size of the account.